Education Britain Summit – 6th July 2016
This landmark event is the fourth major Education Summit that the Education Foundation has run. Nicky Morgan MP, Secretary of State for Education at the Department for Education will keynote at the event which will bring together educators from across England and the UK. It will provide an opportunity to hear from inspirational leaders, educators and politicians who are transforming the education system across Britain.
Our previous summits have been held in London and Sheffield with The Education Foundation working closely with the government and range of partner organisations across Britain focused on the future policy and practice. The Education Foundation continues to inform, influence and enhance debate and has a growing reputation as a thought leader and shaper of future policy.
The summit will celebrate the existing achievements of great educators across sectors, share views of the new policy landscape and inspire participants to deliver change on the ground. A unique element of the event is the mix of policy makers, top education and business leaders. The summit also focuses on the future of education reform in the UK and shares priorities for government and policy makers.
Key speakers at the Education Britain Summit include:
- Nicky Morgan MP Secretary of State for Schools, Department for Education
- Graeme Logan Strategic Director, Attainment and Improvement, Education Scotland
- Tim Coulson Regional Schools Commissioner, Department for Education
- Carolyn Robeson Vice Chair, Teaching Schools Council
- Vic Goddard Principal, Passmores Academy
- Julie Robinson General Secretary, Independent Schools Council
- Martyn Oliver CEO, Outwood Grange Academies Trust
- Lesley Powell Shotton Hall Academy, NE Learning Trust
- Mike Tonge Executive Head of Prestolee Primary School, Greater Manchester Teaching Schools Group
- Pippa Dodgson Principal, Hall Cross Academy
- Andrew Morrish CEO, Victoria Park Academies Trust
- Margaret Mulholland Director of Development & Research, Swiss Cottage Special School
- Andy Brown Headteacher, West View Primary School, Hartlepool & Member, Tees Valley Challenge Board
- Ann Mroz Editor, Times Education Supplement
- Professor David Reynolds School of Education, University of Southampton
- Professor Tony Gallagher School of Education, Queens University Belfast
- Chair: Ty Goddard, Co-founder, The Education Foundation
More speakers will be confirmed in due course.
Audience and partnership
Strictly by invitation only, 200 of the UK’s top school, college and university leaders, city leaders, political leaders and reform oriented organisations will gather to celebrate achievements, raise levels of ambition about where Britain and the world’s education system should go next and be inspired to make positive change a reality.
We are very pleased to have the TES as our exclusive media partner for the Education Britain Summit 2016. For more details about sponsoring the Education Britain Summit, please contact Ian Picken .
Highlights and endorsement for our previous Education Reform Summits
“Our education reforms have one over-riding goal – to give every child a world-class education. A key part of our long-term economic plan is giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to succeed and get good jobs. The summit allowed heads, teachers and reformers from England and around the world a brilliant opportunity to share ideas, learn from each other and build a brighter future for all.”
David Cameron MP, Prime Minister
“Education reform is the great social justice cause of our times. If we are to deliver a fairer society, in which opportunity is shared more widely, we must secure the highest standards of education for all young people, regardless of their background. This is the commitment which has been at the heart of the government’s programme of reform. It is a pleasure to speak at the summit today with so many dedicated professionals and experts who share this belief, and have guided and implemented the changes we have introduced”
Nick Gibb MP, Minister for School Reform
“The Education Foundation’s Summits are a wonderful counterpoint to the last dreary vestiges of any accusation educationalists are not ambitious and driven to improve the educational experience of our children. Charismatic, passionate, intelligent and exhausting in the way good ideas make the brain ache – long may the Education Foundation’s disruptive innovation draw together those who are committed to educating children through the ever complex futurescape which surprises us daily”
James Eldon, Principal, Manchester Enterprise Academy & Chair Manchester High Schools Group